Race, according to Merriam-Webster, is defined as a ‘contest of speed’. We know how fun speed can be, especially when the competition calls for a ‘friendly laps’ on the go-kart track. Yet, all the fun goes out the exhaust pipes when you’re running against time when lives depend on you winning. This is precisely what two young British soldiers, Schofield (Captain Fantastic’s George MacKay) and Blake (Game of Thrones’ Dean-Charles Chapman), have to accomplish.
Set at the height of the World War I in 1917, which is also the title of the movie, Schofield and Blake must race against time to deliver a message that will stop a deadly attack, saving the lives of hundreds of soldiers. Blake’s own brother is among the hundreds, making this race personal.
The intrepid soldiers must cross enemy territories, sneak around destroyed towns and encounter a dogfight between the fighter planes of their time. This will be a race where wit is more important than weapons, and courage must conquer cowardice. Exciting!
1917 is directed by Sam Mendes (Skyfall, Spectre), who also co-wrote this movie with Krysty Wilson-Cairns (Showtime’s Penny Dreadful).
We’re giving away double passes, courtesy of United International Pictures Malaysia, to the premiere screening that’s happening on the 7 January 2020, so you can bring along a friend/date/war-movie buff. Winning it is easy, answer two simple questions and complete a slogan.
Winners will be notified via email on 6 January 2020 (Monday) with the movie screening on 7 January 2020 (Tuesday) at 9.00pm, at MBO Starling. Remember to check the Spam folder, okay?
Terms and Conditions:
- Closing date: 5 January 2020, 11.59pm
- This contest is open to residents of Malaysia only
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained. The publisher reserves the right to replace the prizes published here with other prizes of equivalent value and the redemption of said prizes are up to the publisher’s discretion
- Winners will be notified via email
- Details provided will become the property of MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems Sdn Bhd and may be used for future marketing purposes