Sigh, who else misses raving out at a concert, or catching your favourite singer belting out all your favourite songs under the stars?
Don't worry, there's one coming up and it will be headlined by singer extraordinaire Jason Mraz
Yup, you read that right. Jason Mraz will be throwing a concert just for you.
A special concert - just for you!
The 44-year-old crooner is set to perform at the Astro 25 Concert next week, and all Astro customers can tune in free of charge.
The Astro 25 Concert is a gesture of Astro’s appreciation to customers to thank them for their support in Astro’s journey to be the number one entertainment destination in Malaysia.
"As part of Astro’s 25 years of serving Malaysians, we are delighted to showcase our Astro 25 Concert, with a line-up of specially curated performances by Astro’s homegrown talents and popular regional and international acts.
"In line with our 25th Anniversary theme, we believe that we are ‘Better Together’ and this concert is a tribute to our incredible customers and local talent industry who have supported us throughout the years keeping Malaysians entertained and informed as we expand our reach beyond TV and radio.
"Broadcast on Channel 100, all Astro customers can enjoy the performances from the comfort of their homes with their families," said Agnes Rozario, Director of Content for Astro.
The three-hour music fest will be hosted by Nabil Ahmad and radio personalities Ean, Arnold and Aishah Sinclair.
Other participating performers
Jason Mraz is not the only big name slotted to perform at the Astro 25 Concert though.
Joining the Grammy Award-winning singer on stage (well, virtual stage, that is) is a star-studded line up of international, Korean and local artistes.
- ‘Running Man’ star Kim Jong Kook, who is also known for his melancholic and soothing ballads, will be performing one of his hits. Running Man is the no.1 Korean variety show in Malaysia and which airs on ONE HD (Astro CH393) every Friday.
- Gen Z ‘It’ band TOMORROW X TOGETHER are the latest hit makers from Seoul with captivating vocals, visuals, and performances. Their music speaks to this generation as stories of growth relatable to youth all around the world.
- American musician Pink Sweat$, singer-songwriter and artiste Bazzi, and 'The Voice UK' alumni Jamie Miller.
- Homegrown talents including vocal legends and many popular artistes from Datuk Sheila Majid, Ella, Jaclyn Victor, Dayang Nurfaizah, Datuk M. Nasir, Datuk Syafinaz, Erra Fazira and Anuar Zain to Ernie Zakri, Datuk Hattan, Misha Omar, Mugen Rao, Syamel, Zee Avi, Shio Yee, Liza Hanim, Hael Husaini, Datuk Aznil Hj Nawawi and Zynakal.
- Cantopop Hong Kong boy band sensation, Mirror, Hong Kong star Ruco Chan, and 15-year-old winner of TVB’s Stars Academy Gigi Yim.
- Indonesian acts Dewa 19, one of the greatest rock bands in the history of Indonesian popular music, Once Mekel, former lead vocalist of Dewa 19; local rock band Slam and Singapore idol Taufik Batisah.
- Popular comedian and host Harith Iskander and Singaporean comedian, television host and actor, Kumar.
- Stars from Astro’s talent shows Amir Masdi, Siti Nordiana, Naqiu, Yoke Chen, Sarah Suhairi, Santesh, Nicole Lai, Azharina, Han Byul, Noryn Aziz, Vanessa, Vince Chong and Aina Abdul,
- Malaysian artistes Lil J, Orga, TUJULOCA, MK K-Clique, Haqiem Rusli, Yonnyboii and Abigail – the latest generation of trending artistes.
That's a pretty extensive list of performers, right?
You can tune in to the Astro 25 Concert next Saturday (25 September) at 8.30pm on Astro 25 (Channel 100), or stream it on Astro GO. Encore viewing will also be available On Demand after the concert.
So, get your party hats ready, boys and girls. It's one concert you do not want to miss.