Mention Nobu, and most Malaysians - or at least those living in the Klang Valley - will instantly picture contemporary Japanese cuisine that's just so damn delicious.
Fans of the restaurant which first opened their doors over six years ago, would probably know that they closed their outlet on the 56th floor of Menara 3 Petronas to relocate recently.
While the views there were amazing, getting to that floor often required multiple security checks, which meant waiting, waiting and more waiting.
"Our new location is extremely accessible. You can drive in, park or use the vallet service and take a short elevator ride to the fourth floor and you're here. Simple, right?" explained the ever-friendly general manager Gopi Kanala.
We were invited to have a first look at the restaurant located at Four Seasons recently and we were pleasantly surprised at some of the new facilities.
What's new, pussycat?
The Sake Room
- With a seating capacity of about 12, we can already imagine all the fun that will happen in this room. Here, you can enjoy a selection of Hokusetsu sake made exclusively for the Nobu Group. You will also learn about the different types of sake and which Nobu dishes are best paired with them. Valuable knowledge indeed.
- The tableside experience is basically when the chef brings his amazing skills to your table. You can watch your dish being prepared right before your eyes and it's quite spectacular. This won't happen all the time though. It will only be applicable for special promotions.
Private dining rooms
- This feature may have been pushed to the bottom of the list during pre-Covid times, but in this day and age, private room are THE BEST! If you're thinking of hosting a small gathering with friends, a portion of the restaurant can be sectioned off and tadaa, private rooms!
Bring your kids
- The previous outlet limited kids to the weekends, but at Nobu's new home, kids are welcomed every day. Request for one of their comfy booths and enjoy some good ol' family bonding time.
A different view
- Walk into the restaurant, and you will immediately recognise the iconic water fountain at the KLCC Park. If you're dining at night, book a table close to their windows and you will be able to enjoy the lights which accompany the mesmerising fountain.
It's party time
- As soon as everyone is vaccinated and COVID-19 isn't a constant fear, you can look forward to letting your hair down at Nobu! The new outlet is equipped with a DJ console for live music on the weekends and will be in full effect after the pandemic is over. Yeay!
Top notch service
Of course, there are some things that we're glad didn't change.
This includes the delicious selection of food and the impeccable service you get when you step into Nobu.
Regulars would have probably had a conversation or two (or three) with Gopi and all the staff are extremely welcoming and knowledgeable about the food and drinks served at the restaurant too.
If you're a nervous first-timer, speak to one of them, and they will surely give you some lovely recommendations based on what you prefer.
It's all a part of the signature Nobu experience.
For inquiries or reservations, call 03 -23800028 or drop them a WhatsApp message at 0193895085. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.