The holidays are just around the corner! If you’re sick and tired of our hot-and-rainy Malaysian weather and you’re dying to spend the holidays elsewhere, there can’t be a better time and place than London. Seeing how our ringgit doesn’t seem so miserable following the pound’s drop, believe it or not, visiting London is now roughly 10% cheaper than before!
With that, British Airways has decided to introduce White Friday special fares and exclusive shopping deals from top UK brands, including Bicester, DAKS, Hackett, Westfield, and more – perfect for Christmas shopping in London that has now become more affordable than ever, especially for us!
Some of the most popular tourist spots and experiences in London have now become more affordable:
Fortnum & Mason
Tea time at Fortnum & Mason here used to cost RM261.83 in 2015. Now, it’ll set you back RM230.36
Riding the London Eye cost RM183.55 last year. Now, you only need to pay RM154.19
Tower of London
Visiting the Tower of London would have cost RM155.82 in 2015. Now, RM130.89
is all it takes for you to enter.
Malaysian British Airways customers can also take advantage of benefits offered by some of the UK’s most famous brands by presenting your British Airways boarding passes at participating outlets to enjoy exclusive experiences and discounts! Exclusives offers for British Airways customers include:
- A complimentary Poppy Clutch Bag from Amanda Wakeley for members of British Airways
- Airways Executive Club when spending £500 (RM2,731) or more at the flagship London store
- 15% off at Bentley & Skinner Jeweller, Goldsmiths & Silversmiths
- From now to 15 January 2017, members of British Airways executive Club can earn double Avios and an additional 10% saving on the outlet price at Bicester Discount Shopping Village
- 10% off at DAKS Heritage Tailoring
- 10% off at Floris British Perfumers
- 15% off at Hackett British Menswear
- VIP Pass offering exclusive discounts at Westfield London Designer Shopping Centres
- Exclusive British Airways discount on afternoon tea at St. James’s Hotel & Club
- Complimentary champagne with afternoon tea at Hotel Café Royal
- Complimentary champagne with afternoon tea at Ham Yard Hotel
“Holidaying in the wintertime in the UK is a truly wonderful and magical experience with all the festivity. The favourable currency exchange rate makes accommodation, shopping and dining much more affordable. Travellers can now enjoy more festive luxury in one of the world’s most exciting cities,” said British Airways country manager for Malaysia, Vivian-Tan-Loh.
Malaysian travellers can now fly to London on British Airways from only RM2,888 via the World Traveller economy class. Daily flights to London arrive just before the start of the day, so you can make the most of your first day in the big city!
White Friday special fares will be available for booking on ba.com from 24 November until 30 November 2016 and valid for flights departing Kuala Lumpur from 24 November 2016 until 31 March 2017. Travellers are also encouraged to book now as seats are limited. For more information, visit ba.com/LondonDiscounts.
So what are you waiting for? Hurry up and book your winter holiday to London now!