CLOSE
CLOSE

The Govt Has Banned These Nine Cosmetic Products Because They Contain Poison

Save your face.


  • Share:

The Govt Has Banned These Nine Cosmetic Products Because They Contain Poison
Cosmetic products such as face cream and face masks can help your skin.

But there are some cosmetic products that could also destroy your face.

Hence, this is a good reason to stop using these nine cosmetic products if you don't want to have a face problem.

Harmful to your skin

Stop using these products immediately.
On Wednesday (15 July), the Ministry of Health has released a list of cosmetic products that Malaysians should stop using and buying immediately.

According to a report quoted by Free Malaysia Today, Health Director General Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the Ministry has banned a total of nine cosmetic products because they contain scheduled poison.

The products, Dr Noor Hisham said, were found to have a high level of mercury and hydroquinone.

The products include:
  • Deeja Cosmetics Laika Cream (containing mercury),
  • Dejaa Cosmetics Zulai Cream (hydroquinone),
  • Deeja Cosmetics Yus Cream (hydroquinone)
  • Dnars Luvee Cream (Normal & Sensitive) (hydroquinone).
  • Dnars Gold Lifting Serum (Night) (mercury),
  • Sparkle Beauty Cream (hydroquinone, tretinoin & betamethasone 17-valerate)
  • Sparkle Sun Day Cream (mercury)
  • Qeziger Age-locking Recharging Spot A.M Cream (mercury)
  • MS Skinz Night Cream (mercury)

Dr Noor Hisham doesn't want you to ruin your face.
These products are no longer be allowed to be sold in the country, Dr Noor Hisham said in the statement.

Products that contain hydroquinone, betamethasone 17-valerate and tretinoin must first be registered under the Drug Control Authority, and can only be used with a prescription from health professionals.

Therefore, Dr Noor Hisham has advised Malaysians to stop using these products immediately, as it could be very damaging to your skin in the long run.

Effects of mercury on your skin

In case you didn't know already, mercury is extremely toxic, and they shouldn't be allowed near your skin.

According to the American Academy of Dermatology, cosmetics containing a high level of mercury could damage more than just your skin.

On top of damaging your nerves, leading to permanent numbness or tingling in your hands, feet, or around your mouth, a high level of mercury could also be damaging your kidneys.

Be careful what you put on your skin.
If your skin is exposed to mercury, it may develop rashes, discolored skin and scars. 

And in the long-term, mercury can cause damage to the eyes, lungs, digestive, nervous and immune systems.

So guys, consider yourself warned OK?

  • Share:

Comments

Related Articles

Back to top