CLOSE
CLOSE

7 People In Russia Party Died Drinking Hand Sanitiser After Alcohol Ran Out

Oh no!


  • Share:

7 People In Russia Party Died Drinking Hand Sanitiser After Alcohol Ran Out

Stupidity can cost lives.

This was recently proven by a bunch of people who were at a party in Russia.

Why? 
Metro reported that nine people at the party decided to down a bottle of hand sanitiser after the alcohol ran out at the party.

The incident reportedly happened in the Tattinsky district of Yakutia.

According to the report, the party goers chugged a bottle of hand sanitiser which contained 69 per cent methanol.

As a result of their foolish act, a 59-year-old man, a 41-year-old woman and a 27-year-old man were the first three to die due to methanol poisoning. 

Six others were then flown to the region's capital of Yakutsk, but three more men aged 69, 32 and 28 succumbed to the poisoning on Friday (20 November).

On Saturday (21 November), another death was reported, bringing the tally to seven. 

The other two are reportedly still in a coma, the website reported.

According to Metro, the authorities have now opened a criminal case.

Not the first time though

Sadly, this is not the first time someone has consumed hand sanitiser. 

Consuming hand sanitiser could lead to serious injuries.

The report which also quoted the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said from 1 May to 30 June this year, 15 people in Arizona and New Mexico in the United States swallowed alcohol-based hand sanitiser.

Drinking hand sanitiser containing methanol can lead to poisoning and can even lead to death.

So, don’t even think of doing it guys!


  • Share:

Comments

Related Articles

Back to top