[PHOTOS & VIDEOS] Fire Ravages Luxury Resort The Andaman In Langkawi (Updated)

So sad!

  • Share:

[PHOTOS & VIDEOS] Fire Ravages Luxury Resort The Andaman In Langkawi (Updated)

Let's hope the fire dies down soon.

UPDATED (9.10pm):

When contacted by Rojak Daily pertaining to the fire, The Andaman Resort confirmed the fire and said that all their guests were safe.

"We can confirm that a fire broke out at The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi on Tuesday, 12 January 2021. As soon as we were aware of the incident, we informed the authorities and moved swiftly to evacuate the hotel. As an additional safety precaution, all guests have been relocated to our sister property while investigations are ongoing. 

"Our utmost priority is to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We are working closely and in cooperation with the fire department to determine the cause of the fire. As this matter is under investigation, we are unable to provide further information," they said in a brief statement.

Original story:

Two weeks into 2021, we've been hearing plenty of shocking and sad news to start the year.

The latest one involves a five-star resort in Pulau Langkawi, which was partly destroyed by a fire

Cause of fire yet to be determined

Staff and holiday-makers of The Andaman Resort in Langkawi woke up to find a massive fire ravaging parts of resort on Wednesday (13 January) morning.

According to Malay Mail, the fire reportedly started in the resort’s kitchen and spread to other parts of the resort, although the real damage of the fire has yet to be ascertained.

However, the report stated that the fire, which started late Tuesday (12 January) evening, is also said to be affecting the nearby rainforest.

Visuals of the building engulfed in fire and smoke have been making its round on social media. 

Massive fire fight 

Meanwhile, Kedah Fire and Rescue Department assistant director (operations) Mohamadul Ehsan Mohd Zain told The Star Online that 40 firemen rushed to the scene and managed to put out the fire, but it flared up again early Wednesday morning.

The firemen managed to put the flames under control, and they are currently clearing the debris and assessing the damage.

Thankfully, there have been no reports of casualties so far, and we pray that the situation stays that way. 

We hope that the authorities get the whole situation under control soon. 

  • Share:


Related Articles

Back to top