CLOSE
CLOSE

[UPDATE] Neelofa And Her Husband Plead Not Guilty To Breaching SOP During Carpet-Shopping Trip

Huh?


  • Share:

[UPDATE] Neelofa And Her Husband Plead Not Guilty To Breaching SOP During Carpet-Shopping Trip
Facebook/Neelofa

Not guilty? Seriously?


[UPDATE, 10.30am]

Local celebrity Neelofa and her husband have pleaded not guilty to violating the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO). 

The 32-year-old TV host and entrepreneur claimed trial to the charge of failing to check in via the MySejahtera app or registering manually at Naem Carpet located at the Nilai Industrial area at 4pm on May 2.

Her husband, Muhammad Haris Mohd Ismail, 26, also claimed trial to the same charge before Magistrate Mahyun Yusof.

Additionally, Muhammad Haris or better known as PU Riz also pleaded guilty to a second charge of failing to put on a face mask as reported by The Star.

If found guilty, the two can be fined not more than RM50,000 or jailed not more than six months for the offence.

[ORIGINAL STORY]
Things haven't been going so well for local celebrity Neelofa lately (although most of it was self-inflicted).

Recently, she was also ordered to pay RM60,000 for flouting the standard operating procedures during her wedding and subsequent 'business trip' to Langkawi in April.



Nilai Police chief Supt Mohd Fazley Ab Rahman told the Malay Mail that Neelofa and PU Riz, would be charged under Regulation 19 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases (Measures Within Infected Local Area) (Conditional Movement Control) No.4) (Amendment) (No.12) Regulations 2021).

Strangely, they're not being charged for illegally crossing state borders during the CMCO, so what gives?

Why put evidence on social media lah?
Earlier this month, the pair drew the ire of many when they uploaded photos and videos of them shopping for carpets at a store in Nilai 3 despite the current interstate travel ban.

They reportedly splurged RM10,000 on the carpets, and a few days later, they were hauled up for a four-hour questioning session by the police.

Another case pending

After appearing in court for this offence, the pair would likely have to deal with another breach of SOP case.

Over the Hari Raya weekend, Neelofa and her family came under scrutiny for allegedly breaching the Raya SOPs.

Her sister, Noor Nabila, allegedly uploaded a short video clip of a family gathering supposedly happened at the 32-year-old's house in Ampang.

"1 syawal yang penuh mulia (a glorious Syawal)", read the caption of the video, which has since been deleted.

However, eagle-eyed netizens managed to grab screenshots of said video, and those seen in the clip include Neelofa, her husband PU Riz, Nabila and two others.

Clear as day, don’t you think?

Neelofa and her family members have reportedly given their statements to the police at the Brickfields police headquarters on Tuesday (18 May).

Kuala Lumpur Police chief Datuk Azmi Abu Kassim told Malay Mail that the investigations for the case will be submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers soon.

Let's hope justice will also be served this time around.

  • Share:

Comments

Related Articles

Back to top