If you're a fan of The Amazing Race franchise, you stand a chance to be on the show and compete against other contestants to win USD$100,000 (RM411,155) in cash!
The show sees contestants travelling to multiple countries, where they must compete in a series of physical and mental challenges for clues that will lead them to their next destination. It has been nearly six years since the last season of The Amazing Race Asia, and Allan Wu will return as host.
The casting call for The Amazing Race Asia has kicked off, and interested participants can submit their applications in teams of two. They must be:
1. Living and/or working in Asia
2. Required to be over 21 years of age
3. Must speak English
4. Possess both a valid passport and an international driving licence
Participants can visit the AXN website, fill out the application details and send AXN a link to their audition video of up to three minutes in duration.
Malaysians are also invited to head down to Sunway Pyramid on June 4 and 5 to create their audition video and apply to be a part of the show on the spot. Those who submit a video will receive a limited edition AXN gift. They're also required to bring along the four above necessary details for registration.
Walk-in audition information:
Date: June 4 & 5 (Saturday & Sunday)
Time: 12pm - 6pm
Venue: LG1 Pyramid Concourse, Sunway Pyramid
Making your own audition video? Here are some tips:
You've got the smarts, the personality, and the physique, but you won't go anywhere if your video is a blurry mess and your voice comes out cracking! Follow these tips to make a great video:
1. Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight coming in as this will cause silhouetting.
2. If shooting indoors, choose a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
3. If shooting outdoors, avoid the sun shining directly behind you.
4. Find a quiet area to shoot so that other noises won't distract viewers. Also keep in mind that the wind may also distort the microphone.
5. Speak loudly and clearly.
Good luck, future racers!