Are you currently feeling under the weather or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms?
If you answered yes, but are feeling quite paranoid or scared to go to the hospital or let alone leave the house to get yourself tested, fret not.
Earlier this month, the Health Ministry announced that Malaysians can now do the screening in the comfort of their own homes, as reported by the New Straits Times.
The Ministry has collaborated with hospitals and private medical providers to launch a home-based COVID-19 sampling service.
This service is to cater to those who do not meet the criteria as a patient under investigation (PUI).
According to a source who has used this service recently, the company will arrive at your doorstep to take a swab sample in less than 10 minutes. You will then be notified of the results within a few days.
However, with convenience comes a hefty price tag, so be prepared to pay up for the service (prices vary according to company).
So, if you think you’d like to undergo this home testing, here are the 11 companies that offer this service:
- Bookdoc (download the app)
- DoctorOnCall (download the app)
- Pantai Premier Pathology Sdn Bhd (03-42809115)
- Lablink (M) Sdn Bhd (KPJ) (03-40234588)
- Qualitas Medical Group Sdn Bhd, Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur (03-79646363)
- Gleneagles Kuala Lumpur (011-13013579)
- Twin Tower Medical Centre KLCC (03-23823500)
- Pantai Hospital Kuala Lumpur (03-42809115)
- Pantai Hospital Cheras (03-42809115)
- Pantai Hospital Klang (03-42809115)
- Pantai Hospital Ayer Keroh, Melaka (03-42809115)
If you think you're developing symptoms related to COVID-19, do consider getting yourself tested, yeah?
Stay safe and stay home, Malaysians.