The government has announced that two more areas in Kuala Lumpur - Pusat Bandar Utara and the areas around Pasar Borong Kuala Lumpur - have been placed under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO).
However, Pasar Borong Kuala Lumpur, also known as Pasar Borong Selayang, is not under EMCO, so you can still go and get your essentials there.
The housing areas around the market, especially those that house UNHCR Roghinya refugees, are the ones affected mainly.
The EMCO is to help control the spread of COVID-19
Senior Ministry (Defense) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob, during a press conference aired live on social media, said that the decision to impose EMCO on both locations was done on the advise of the Health Minister.
"The sixth EMCO is done to contain the spread of COVID-19. This step is taken to allow detection process to be done during the period.
"We ask residents to stay calm, cooperate with the KKM (Health Ministry) staff and listen to the authorities," he said.
The EMCO will be in effect from 20 April till 3 May 2020.
Eight parcels will be involved in the EMCO, and they are:
- Parcel A: Jalan 6/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel B: Jalan 6/3A dan 9/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel C: Jalan 2/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel D: Jalan 2/3A, Pusat Bandar Utara, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel E1: Taman Sri Murni Fasa 2, Jalan 1/2D, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel E2: Taman Sri Murni Fasa 1, Jalan 1/2D, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel E3: Taman Sri Murni Fasa 3, Jalan 1/2B, Kuala Lumpur
- Parcel F: Taman Batu View dan Taman Batu Hampar, Kuala Lumpur
If you live in the affected areas and need any assistance, you can contact Bilik Gerakan PKP DBKL at 03-4026 7222 or Pusat Kawalan IPD Sentul at 03-4048 2212.
Stay safe over there, you guys.